Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Necromaniac Chapter 3 "Edge of Apocalypse" Part 2


"Edge of Apocalypse" Part 2

I couldn't believe it. I, along with millions of other people, was about to get nuked right where I was standing. Then my cell phone rang as well. I checked the caller ID, it was the FBI. I began to levitate over the panicky people so that I could be able to talk to the FBI without getting bumped into and dropping my phone and so I can hear the caller. The people of Manhattan were so worried, they didn't even bother to notice the levitating Necromancer in their midst. "Hello?", I answered as i picked up.

"I'm sure you're well aware of the news", one of my bosses from the FBI, Jeff Hanson, said as he replied.

"No, I'm actually just sitting here enjoying myself while millions of innocent lives are running for cover from the incoming disaster about to take place," I said sarcastically, "What's the deal here?"

"Well it appears that North Korea went ahead with their intents of launching a nuclear missile towards the United States. The only defense we have against it is the new Return-to-sender (RTS) technology."

"Isn't that the new missile defense system that was recently built to scramble the programming of an incoming missile, reverse it's course, and then send it back? That stuff hasn't even been tested yet!"

"I know, that's the problem. But we have no choice except to use it, it may the only chance we have of surviving."

"Get me hooked up with the THAAD (Terminal High Aerial Altitude Defense) system nearby. I want to see if this thing works."

"I can try to do it but I can't guarantee it'll work."

Meanwhile...
THAAD Base, New York, New York. 7:23 p.m.

Sirens began blasting all over the base. "Set up the RTS defense system! Now!!", the loud Commander shouted. Operators were scrambling to their control panels to find the coordinates to the missile.

"The missile is just 650 miles from here and is 50,000 feet in the air and is closing in fast", one of the operators said.

"Well get ready to aim! We've only got one shot at this! Millions are counting on us!", the Sergeant ordered, "Let's hope it works, otherwise, we could be in deep trouble"

Back in Manhattan...
7:24 p.m.

I was finally connected. Rather than a call, it was a video survellience. I could just see everyone in the room in panic. "Well guys", I began telling my 6 cousins in my head, "All we can do now is pray that He will have his way." I headed back to the sidewalk and sat down on a bench. I decided that if the RTS system failed to kick in, I would go in, fly on Skelly, and sacrifice myself to save millions. I know, it's gutsy but I'd rather die than die and have this country be in ruins. I watched more people run through the streets, still screaming at the top of their lungs and still panicking. But then I noticed the noise started to get quiter, until I couldn't hear the screaming. Had I gone deaf because it was so loud there? But then I began hearing a voice, a voice like nothing I'd ever heard on this earth. It began to sing, and I immediately began to recognize the song. I searched for the source of the voice, and then I turned to my right and sitting next to me on the bench...... was an Angel. It began singing one of my favorite songs of all time:

♪ The splendor of a King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice

He wraps himself in light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at his voice
Trembles at his voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God ♪

I had already found myself singing along, as we continued to sing, time seemed to melt away. The voice was perfect, unlike any human voice. The voice was so beautiful, it could make a grown man bawl out like a baby. I was already crying my eyes out as I continued to sing along. Nobody was noticing a thing at all. And I wondered if I was the only one seeing the Angel. Finally, after the song ended I was filled with indescribable peace. I was just about to turn to thank the Angel when I noticed he was gone. And when I turned to look, people were no longer panicking, but rather cheering. I checked my phone and all the THAAD operators we're hootin' and hollerin'. The missile had been returned to sender.

Meanwhile...
P'yongyang, Korea 7:29 p.m.

The North Korean cadet rushed to the Communist Dictator's office, delivering the urgent message. "Kiroshima, your dictatorship! The U.S. reflected our missile and blew up our warship!"

Dictator Kiroshima began cursing in Korean. "Those *BEEP* Americans!! That's it! Prepare the troops and prepare our Submarine and Warship division for an ambush on the West Coast of the United States! We must thwart them, they've been the World's leading Superpower for too long! Oh and, Cadet."

"Yes?"

"Bring in Al Zimmerman."

After half an hour, the Russian Killer entered the dictators office. "You requested my presence?"

"I need you to get some information on the RTS technology that the U.S. has. Also I need you to gather some information on this guy." The dictator layed down a top secret file on FBI agent Timothy Lighttalon.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment