Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Necromaniac Chapter 3 "Edge of Apocalypse"


"Edge of Apocalypse"
Based on the book Edge of Apocalypse



I began heading home from Necrophilia, which I'd now like to call my second home, because it just felt so much like home to me, being in the necromantic atmoshpere. The Necrocylce sped through the wormhole, exiting out the other end at warp speed. Now for those of you who don't know what my home like on earth is, I'll describe it to you. I had found this old abandoned mansion out in this open area in the middle of a large forest in Northern Alabama. I decided to move there after some redecorating, i refurnished it and revamped it from its old state. It had three floors. On the first floor, when you entered through the front door was a long stairway that lead to the second and third floors. In the room to the left of the stairs was a kitchen, which had a fridge, a microwave, a counter, which included some upper and lower drawers, and a stove, which had and oven underneath it. To the right of the stairs, there was a living room, with a couch and some reclining chairs with a long, wooden coffee table in front of them along with an old tv just behind it, which I replaced with a 56" flatscreen high-def tv, where i kept my blu ray player, Wii, and Playstation 2.

"You've been away from home a while", an all too familiar voice spoke in my head. Ok, now here's where I need to explain something. I didn't have much family growing up, I was separated from my parents when I was pulled into the spiral. I started out my wizard journey with no friends, but I came to met 6 wizards who I became friends with, each one from a different school with their own separate personalities according to the school they belonged to. They are all now at their peak level like I am, at level 60. First, there's Hunter Anvilfist, a Diviner, or a student of the storm school. He's a bit stubborn and is kinda hotheaded at times. He can really kick butt with his spells, but he can get rather cocky with his skills. He has brown hair and blue eyes. Oh and did I mention he has the ability to breathe underwater? Next is Ethan Winterbreaker, a Thaumaturge, or a student of the ice school. He is more of the laid back type, likes to often take things easy. He has an usual green color for his hair and has light blue eyes. He has the special ability to survive in bone-chilling temperatures and is unable to be frozen. Before he became a wizard, he lived in Antarctica for 6 months. Then there's Stephen Fireblade, a Pyromancer, or a student of the fire school. He has flame-red hair and the color of his eyes resembled rubies. He is a guy who is pretty courageous and doesn't fear a thing. He is the biggest Pyromaniac I've ever met and is able to survive in Volcanic temperatures, and can swim through lava unharmed. Next is Aaron Lifeheart, a Theurgist, or student of the life school. He is a rather kind-hearted person and is kind of an eco-freak. He had a light green hair along with Jade-colored eyes. He has an uncanny ability to make plants grow at will, which I find rather odd. He's got the green thumb, while I have the black thumb. Next is Kane Silvercrafter, a Sorcerer, or a student of the balance school. He doesn't speak a whole lot and is the serious types. He had silver hair and eyes, and didn't often smile.  He has the unbelievable ability to retain his balance and stay on his feet no matter what, he also can tell how moral one is by just looking at them. And last but not least, there's Valdus Titanblood, a Conjurer, or a student of the myth school. Valdus is a rather creative person, able to come up with a million things of the top of his head. He has the weird ability make whatever he's thinking of appear. I eventually came to found out that all 6 of them were actually my cousins, which was rather ironic.

Then one day we were attempting to build a duplication machine, a machine originally designed to make a copy of somebody. But the machine went out of control, and somehow, all 6 of my cousins spirits were crammed into my body and the only way to take physical form again is through having to share the body so when one of my cousins wants to take physical form, our spirits switch places and my physical appearance will change to one of theirs. Whenever they are not taking physical form, they talk and I can hear their voices inside of my head. Sometimes it can be rather annoying. The voice I had just heard was Hunter's. "Yeah, I've been busy", I told Hunter inside of my head.

"It's about time."

"Well, being a top-ranked FBI agent/Highly-Skilled Wizard is not an easy job."

"I see, so what are you going to do now that you're home and got no current assignments."

"I guess I'll just take the time to relax, do things, see places, stuff like that. Where you think you guys wanna go?"

"How about Canada? I hear they have some awesome ham."

"Nah, I don't like how they say 'Eh' every other sentence, it's really annoying. Any other ideas?"

"How about going to the North Pole?", Ethan suggested.

"No Ethan, not all of us are immune to freezing to death like you are. Anyone got any better ideas?"

"How about China?", Stephen asked.

"Why there?"

"What? I like Chinese food."

"Nah, I'm allergic to m.s.g. and plus, we might be shot dead by the communists or something."

"Ever considered going somewhere like a large city? Like Manhattan?", said Kane.

"Hey, that's not a bad idea. There's lots of cool stuff to do there."

So I decided to tidy the place up a bit, brush the dust off everything that was collected since I was last home, fed lunch to Skelly, and mounted up to fly to Manhattan. Skelly took off into the air, while I pulled out my GPS, telling him where to go. Skelly can fly about as fast as a regular airplane, so the trip took about maybe 3 hours. Finally, we reached Manhattan. It was about 5 pm. I decided I'd take a stroll around town first. Manhattan is a pretty big city, it was pretty much like a giant island. 2 hours had passed after my stroll, and I reached a small park on the outskirts of the city and decided to take a rest on one of the benches. It was already pretty dark, the stars shone above the city and the moon shone above like a giant nightlight in the night sky, or at least that's what it looked like to me. I decided to go back downtown to pick up a newspaper to read. I was going through the streets, looking for a newspaper stand.

Everything seemed to be peaceful. But as I was crossing the street, a taxi seemed to swerve off the road and went speeding down the sidewalk. People started jumping out of the way, trying to avoid getting run over. I was confused why it was doing that and then all the sudden cell phones everywhere started ringing. All of the sudden, people began running for their lives, screaming at the top of their lungs in a massive panic. I had no idea what was going on, I felt like I was in Tokyo in a Godzilla movie.

"What's going on?", my 6 cousins began asking me.

"I'm not sure," I said to them in my head, "I'll look for one of those electronic news boards and see what's happening."

I tried to swim through the rushing crowd of panicking people, but then I began to understand everything the minute I read the electronic board that displayed these horrific words scrolling across it:

Breaking News: North Korea has just launched a nuclear missile towards Manhattan Island, New York.


To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment