Monday, August 29, 2011

The Necromaniac Chapter 6 "Mythic Marauder" Part 5

"Mythic Marauder" Part 5

We spent the rest of the day training and exercising in our cells preparing for the Colosseum competitions. We did manage to make a couple dumbells and weights to lift and me and Sestiva helped each other with some other exercises. Normally I hate exercising but tomorrow I'm gonna be fighting for my life so I might as well be as well-prepared as possible. We were pretty tired by the time night fell and we got to catch some z's.

The next day, the Cyclops guards shouted and woke us all up. All of the cell doors opened and we were lead to a room. I took a look around and saw different myth creatures as our competition. I saw 3 bloodbats in a group dressed like gangsters, a Minotaur with a scar across his face, and a Humongofrog wearing shades. I know, a strange and suspicious group of characters. Can't believe these guys are our competition.

After a small wait, the cyclops guards led us out to the Colosseum. We walked though a tunnel and I began to see light at the end of it. We kept walking until we reached the light and we entered into the Colosseum. The Colosseum looked like a real Roman colossuem. The myth creatures in the crowds were all wearing togas for some reason. And there was a special box in the stands specially reserved for Anguise herself.

We all stepped onto the grassy field. I could see blood stains on the grass from previous events. The crowds started cheering seeing us here. But I don't think they were cheering for us, they were cheering to watch our blood shed. Then Anguise stood out of her chair and raised her arms to quiet down the crowd. Within seconds, the Colosseum went silent.

Anguise began to announce loud enough so that her voice echoed throughout the whole colosseum, "The moment you have been waiting for is finally here! The troublemakers of this land are here and are at the mercy of the Colosseum! Who will survive and who will not? Well now you're about to find out! So let the challenges begin!!!" And the crowd began to cheer. "Bring on the first challenge!"

For the first challenge, Cyclops soldiers began lining us up side by side and layed some obstacles in front of us such as hurdles, rocks, and spikes. They then went and grabbed large mallets from Cyclop hammers and tied it to our backs. I guess this was part of the challenge.

"And now," Anguise began to announce once again, "For the mallet head chase! Let me explain the rules. Each challenger has an isle of obstacles laid out before them. They have to clear these obstacles with the mallet head tied to their back and get the royal blue flag at the end of their isle. The challengers will have a 10 second head start until the chase begins!"

I had no idea who or what would be chasing us but I had a feeling I was about to find out soon and that I wasn't gonna like it. One of the Cyclops guards told us to get ready to start. I got down in a crouched position, ready to start running. The Cyclops guard then blew a horn to give the go signal and the mallet head chase was on.

This was even harder than I thought it would be. Not only is the weight on my back slowing down my speed, but it's also make it harder to jump over the obstacles. I nearly tripped over a rock and almost didn't make it all the way across a patch of spikes. Then the horn was blown to show 10 seconds had passed and that whatever was chasing us was going to be released. There were some gates near where we had started and they blew wide open and coming out of the gates... was an Orthrus....


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment